SUPER FRY FAN RECIPE CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S./D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The Grown In Idaho Super Fry Fan Recipe Challenge Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older, all at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Lamb Weston (“Sponsor”), its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where the reside) and household of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2020 at 10:00:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received before the Sweepstakes Period’s end time/date to be valid.
- To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, log into your Facebook account (or go to Facebook.com or download the Facebook application on your device and create an account for free, the account is subject to Facebook terms and conditions) and visit the Sponsor’s Facebook page @growninidaho. Then, find the post with details about the Sweepstakes and how to enter, or navigate to the Sweepstakes landing page on the sponsors website at: https://GrownInIdaho.com/fry-fan-sweepstakes/. Follow the instructions to enter the Sweepstakes by creating an original recipe using one or more Grown In Idaho frozen potato products, taking a photo of your dish, and uploading both the original recipe and original photo into the Sweepstakes entry fields, along with any other required information.
Alternative Method of Entry: Print and mail entry to Grown In Idaho Super Fry Fan Recipe Sweepstakes 829 De La Vina St. Suite 100, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Include First Name, Last Name, Email, and Address.
Please Note: The content of your recipe will not be judged and therefore will not increase or decrease your chances of winning the prize.
Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Entries must comply with the entry requirements set forth herein to be valid. As used herein, “Entry” (and/or “Entries”) refers to all content you submit in connection with the Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to, photos, answers, descriptions, explanations, hashtags, tags, tag names, etc.), if any. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry that does not adhere to the entry requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and/or disqualify the entrant. Entries must be in English. By submitting an Entry into the Sweepstakes, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms to all Entry Requirements set forth herein.
If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for pricing plan details and capabilities.
Limit: One (1) entry per email address/Facebook account or mail-in entry during the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s computer or envelope USPS postmarked date is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities/accounts, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
Entry Requirements: Entrants represent and warrant that their Entry is the original work of such entrant, it has not been copied from others, it has not previously won awards, it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, and publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties (defined below) from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY AND ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
All Entries you submit must conform to the additional entry requirements set forth herein:
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Entry cannot infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s brands/products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Entry cannot infringe on copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes;
- No background artwork should appear in an Entry unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Entry must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and
- Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
ENTRIES POSTED ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Sweepstakes Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Sweepstakes entry requirements prior to any drawing.
- Drawing: On or around October 5, 2020, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all aspects.
- Winner Notification: On or around October 5, 2020, Sponsor will notify the potential winners by sending the winner an email using the email address provided upon entry. Such potential winners will be required to respond to such notification within five (5) days via private Facebook message to Sponsor’s @growninidaho Facebook page or email. Potential winners are subject to verification. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then winner may be disqualified and the applicable prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected randomly. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) business days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an entrant who is an eligible minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
- Prizes (5): One (1) verified grand prize winner shall receive five hundred dollars ($500.00) awarded in the form of a Visa gift card, and twelve (12) free bags of Grown In Idaho frozen potatoes, awarded in the form of a free product coupon. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of grand prize: $550. Three (3) verified runners up will each receive (3) three free bags of Grown In Idaho frozen potatoes, awarded in the form of a free product coupon. ARV of each runners up prize: $12. ARV of all prizes is: $586. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner. Limit: one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of prize after confirmation.
- Release: As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, Facebook, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, and agents, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any item redeemed therewith; (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, each winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer online systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Idaho law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 8(B)-(D), SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Idaho, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in Ada County, Idaho.
- Winner’s List: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Grown In Idaho Super Fry Fan Recipe Sweepstakes 829 De La Vina St. Suite 100, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes Period end date. Requests must be received by October 31, 2020.
- Sponsor: Lamb Weston Inc., 599 S. Rivershore Lane, Eagle, ID, 83616, USA.
© 2020 Lamb Weston Inc.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sweepstakes Sponsor, and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.